TinaNoir

Tina's Reading Books

Genre fiction lover:  Romance, Sci Fi, Fantasy, Mystery, Urban Fantasy

Bookaday - Sept 20

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré

Favorite Literary Friendship

I am going with Harry, Hermione and Ron from Harry Potter.

My oldest son was just the right age when Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - J.K. Rowling,Mary GrandPré   really hit in the US.  I remember seeing it in a  Barnes and Noble and picked it up and since it sounded interesting, decided to get it and read it to him.

By the time Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - J.K. Rowling,Mary GrandPré  came out I was no longer reading them to him, I was reading them for me!   We would fight to see who read them first.

When my younger son got to the right age I re-read them all over again.

Now years later with multiple reads (and listens because we also have the audiobooks) I feel like I know Ron, Harry and Hermione so well.  My kids (and I) grew up with them, watching them meet, gel, fight, make-up and do it all over again.  The beauty of Rowling's storytelling and writing is that she made them so consistent from book to book that you knew how they'd act, react and interact.  Great stuff.