TinaNoir

Tina's Reading Books

Genre fiction lover:  Romance, Sci Fi, Fantasy, Mystery, Urban Fantasy

Bookaday - Sept 9

Over the Edge - Suzanne Brockmann Gone Too Far - Suzanne Brockmann Hot Pursuit - Suzanne Brockmann

Favorite literary crush

Ok, so maybe Brockmann isn't exactly "literary"  but Lt. (Roger) Sam Starrett is most definitely my unabashed crush.

Although we first meet Sam in the truly fantastic The Unsung Hero - Suzanne Brockmann , the first of Brockmann's Seal team 16 series, it isn't until book #3 that I took the full on tumble. He was a bit of an asshole in that first book.  Hot, but an asshole.

Over the Edge - Suzanne Brockmann   (book #3) is actually my hands down favorite of the whole series.  In it, a plane is hijacked and Sam is the leader of he SEAL team who is tasked with having to board the plane and disarm the hijackers if it comes to that.  The scenes of a frustrated Sam drilling the team over and over while cursing like, well, a sailor, are some of my favorites in the book.

But it isn't just his sexy, southern charm and fine appreciation of profanity that turns me on.  No, during this book he also finally falls dead in love with Alyssa only to have it snatched away from him by his own need to do something honorable.  And he cries. I love a man who is not only honorable but can do a good ugly cry.

While Over the Edge - Suzanne Brockmann  is the perfect portrait of what essentially makes Sam so very Sam, his own book  Gone Too Far - Suzanne Brockmann  where he finally gets the girl and Hot Pursuit - Suzanne Brockmann   where he and Alyssa are now married with a kid and he is her wingman in pursuit of a  serial killer, really crystallize why Sam is very much crushworthy.