TinaNoir

Tina's Reading Books

Genre fiction lover:  Romance, Sci Fi, Fantasy, Mystery, Urban Fantasy

Beyond Control - Kit Rocha This book has cemented my enjoyment of this universe & series. I am not normally a fan of something that is almost primarily erotica, but I am really liking what the author has created here. I really enjoyed Lex and Dallas in the previous book, and this, their own book did not disappoint either. I did think their fight in the last third felt a bit manufactured, especially since the resolution did not seem so much like a problem solved but rather something that felt inevitable because you knew they were going to get together.

I don't know what it is about Noelle, heroine from the first book, [b:Beyond Shame|15830843|Beyond Shame (Beyond, #1)|Kit Rocha|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1347036314s/15830843.jpg|21565716], but she continues to bug. However all the rest of the characters are great. I want to read and know about all of them.

I did appreciate the fact that we got to see more of the world outside Sector Four and meet the other heads of the sectors. Still, a little more world building would not be amiss.

The next book is Six's. She was a minor character intro'd in the first book. She is a traumatized 'refugee' from sector three where the leader there did not treat women well. I am looking forward to her story, I like her prickly, wary uncertainty in her new environment. And I love how the author hasn't made her fall over in fuzzy warmth and easy acceptance at being amongst Dallas and his more family-like crew.