TinaNoir

Tina's Reading Books

Genre fiction lover:  Romance, Sci Fi, Fantasy, Mystery, Urban Fantasy

Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling, #10) - Nalini Singh Really 3.5 stars

My anticipation for this book was very high given my investment in the Hawke and Sienna relationship. I liked it and it is a great addition to the series and it continues the overall Psy/Silence story arc with the coming war between all the different factions in grand fashion. But I still can't give it 5 or even 4 stars.

The first half of the book felt....padded? Overwritten? Repetitive? I'm not sure. But it seemed an awful lot of Hawke resisting Sienna, saying she's too young, he can't mate with her because he lost his mate and yet being very growly and possessive when she's around anyone else. And then there was Sienna being hurt and confused and rebellious. And then there was everyone else giving their opinion on how she should catch him. This went on for awhile. I was impatient for them to get on with it.

When Hawke finally did face the inevitable it seemed a little too abrupt. But I was glad they finally jumped the hurdle and got together finally.

Second half of the book was much more exciting, more tightly written and plotted. The action and romance moved forward with much better momentum. The X-Psy power is pretty damned awesome and one that I'd rather have on my side than the other. The ending was spectacular.

The B-romance with Lara and Walker was unexpected yet a nice, sweet bonus.

Loved the small bits with Sasha and Lucas. Missed Kaleb. Wondering at the identity of the Ghost!

Still one of the best series out there.