TinaNoir

Tina's Reading Books

Genre fiction lover:  Romance, Sci Fi, Fantasy, Mystery, Urban Fantasy

The Duke's Perfect Wife (Highland Pleasures, #4)

The Duke's Perfect Wife (Highland Pleasures, #4) - Jennifer Ashley I was hoping that JA would do for Hart what Mary Balogh did for Wulf Bedwyn in [b:Slightly Dangerous|71648|Slightly Dangerous (Bedwyn Saga, #6)|Mary Balogh|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1320440392s/71648.jpg|69382]. Alas, this was not the case. While it did humanize Hart a bit, it did not elicit the emotional engagement that would have put this over the top for me.

I was very, very curious about why Hart and Eleanor's engagement was ended. I was waiting for a doozy of a reason. So when the Big Reason was revealed I was like...huh? Wha....? Forgive me, but Eleanor's reason was, well, actually kind of stupid. So it fell like a thud right in the middle of the book and unraveled quite a bit of the story for me.

The charm of the book, and this series actually, is the presence and characterization of the Mackenzie family and friends. I enjoy visiting with them and love that all the brothers, wives & kids have a strong presence in the books and yet it manages not to detract from the central romance story.